DevOps Engineer – kubectl get nodes | Full-time | Alpharetta-GA
You are responsible for delivering an end-to-end solution from initial concept through finished solution in the area of automated build, deployment, monitoring and server infrastructure.
Some other things you’ll do regularly include:
- Write code, integrate systems and build configurations to drive and innovate around our server-based platform across the organization.
- Integrate systems using a wide variety of protocols like REST, SOAP, MQ, TCP/IP, JSON and others
- Design and build automated code deployment systems that simplify development work and make our work more consistent and predictable. You’ll do this by orchestrating environment deployment from OS all the way through the application layers of a solution, using tools such as Docker, Saltstack, Jenkins and many others
- Exhibit a deep understanding of server virtualization, networking, and storage ensuring that the solution scales and performs with high availability and uptime
- Create mechanisms/architectures that enable rapid recovery, repair, and cleanup of faulty migrations with a good understanding of fault tolerance and failure domains
- Identify opportunities to deliver self-service capability for the most common infrastructure and application management tasks
- Create automated tests that easily plug into our automated code pipeline
- Provide deep and detailed levels of monitoring across all levels of the application
- Attend sessions where we eat pizza and talk about the latest technology
- Help mentor other engineers and technical analysts
- Plan sprints within your project team to keep yourself and the team moving forward
- Move fast, break things, and determine how to fix them
This is not a remote position and our client is not sponsoring right now.